Wednesday 7 June 2017

Nathan on Martin Parr


IMAGE ONE
This is uncropped. Natural. My first shot 
Obvious mistakes: 
I need a tripod or a gorillapod so that the camera could be even more steady.
I should have chosen to focus into the foreground or back ground but not both.
I must take the date off of the camera settings.
I need to take fifty photographs for one to work. I was luck to get these but the woman is moving too quickly and is blurred.
Good qualities are:
High colour and composition is full. there is a lot going on.
I think that the sign above is head is funny. I like the contrast of the door frame and position.
The only blue is in the sunglasses.

NOW: Low angle, medium close up shot.
 Cropped is better. I have enhanced both contrast and colour saturation. I added light. I love the depth of this and it reminds me of an early Martin Parr (See Below)





SECOND IMAGE: Two shot.
Needed to enhance the colour and add higher contrast and lighting.
I copped the date out and it now looks more intimate. Like I have stepped closer into the shot which I know is a trick of photojournalists.


No comments:

Post a Comment